- This event has passed.
People’s Health Movement Tanzania
December 13, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm UTC+3
*Webinar: Why and How Tanzania should leverage COVID19 Investments in Community-Based Primary Health Care*
PHM Tanzania is a registered national NGO with the number NGO/08144 under the United Republic of Tanzania NGO Act 2002.The objective of PHM Tanzania is to make Tanzanians’ right to health a reality by bringing together all health and human rights activists to support and promote the right to health, food, and nutrition through a Human Rights-Based Approach.
PHM Tanzania is hosting a webinar on Why and How Tanzania Should Leverage COVID-19 Investments in Community Based Primary Health Care as part of the 2021 UHC Day theme: Leave No One’s Health Behind: Invest in Health Systems for All. Themes will be on governments’ obligations to invest in the strengthening of health systems. Prioritizing resource allocation to meet people’s demands in an efficient and equitable manner. The MoHCDEC is committed to the development of an integrated community-based approach to improve community health outcomes. To combat COVID-19, Involvement of Community Health Workers (CHWs) is an option to boost community awareness and actions/response about COVID 19 preventive measures, early indicator detection, and use of COVAX which is still critical in our context.
1. The COVID19 situation in Tanzania
2. The government to recognize Community Health worker’s contributions on primary health care
3. To strengthen the community health knowledge on COVID-19 preventive and containment measures
4. Draw attention and lobbying the Government to invest more on community health
Twitter: @PHM Tanzania cc. @sentipensares
- December 13, 2021
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm UTC+3
- Event Categories:
- Social media campaign, Virtual event
- People’s Health Movement Tanzania