- This event has passed.
Accountability – The beating heart of Universal Health Coverage
- December 10, 2020
- December 14, 2020
- Event Categories:
- New content or dataSocial media campaign
- Save the Children
- London, United Kingdom
We will be launching our new briefing- “Accountability – The beating heart of Universal Health Coverage” in support of global efforts to ensure global leaders allocate resources and time to their UHC commitments. Accountability it is about ensuring decision-makers honour their commitments and obligations, demanding their actions and investments translate into tangible results and better long-term outcomes, and insisting they be transparent about what works or needs improvement. To achieve UHC, governments must open spaces for civil society, children, and communities to engage meaningfully in decisions, which affect their health, including planning, budgeting and monitoring, and ensuring transparent information sharing. Global health governance processes must be inclusive and support civil society engagement. Global health institutions, processes and mechanisms should also encourage and support civil society’s efforts to hold their governments to account at the global level.
- Universal Health Coverage will remain a distant dream for most of the world’s poor unless Governments include civil society in decision making and keep policy making, planning, budgeting, and monitoring open and transparent. #UHCday #HealthForAll http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/blogs/2020/health-for-all-by-all
- FACT: Countries where civic space is narrow or non-existent tend to invest less in health.
Civil society is crucial in ensuring that commitments translate into resources for the most deprived and marginalised children #UHCday #HealthForAll http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/blogs/2020/health-for-all-by-all
- To achieve #HealthForAll Global health institutions must offer safe, independent, and resourced spaces for civil society to meaningfully participate and they must accept civil society’s role in holding them accountable #UHCday http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/blogs/2020/health-for-all-by-all
- .@save_children is calling for open spaces for civil society, children, and communities to engage meaningfully in decisions which affect their health so they can hold governments and policy makers accountable. #HealthForAll #UHCDay https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/blogs/2020/health-for-all-by-all